We Love Decks!
Creating outdoor living spaces is a passion and a privilege.
Whether your going for improved quality of life, or increased resale value, decks are great investment. O’Keefe Built Inc. will help you navigate the construction process from design to the finishing touches, and help you get the most from that investment.
Start by choosing the right material. This starts with an understanding of the different elements that make up your deck–see below!
Products We Carry
Timbertech, Trex, Evergrain, Fiboron, Dura Life, Redwood, Exotic hard woods
Composite Vs Natural
- Maintenance free. NO sanding or staining required.
- Less expensive in the long run.
- No splinters. Barefoot friendly.
- Some people simply prefer the look and feel of natural wood.
- Lower up front cost.
Anatomy of your deck
There are many options, with lots of great products on the market. First thing to consider is, Composite vs Wood. OB recommends Composite products for their superior longevity, and maintenance free up keep.
As with decking, there are lots of railing choices, from Redwood “builder rail” to the many composite systems. If code requires that your deck has railing, OB recommends heading to a deck showroom to see the full size displays.
- Single/double/triple Picture Frame Boarder(PFB): One of our favorite options is the PFB. This is a boarder(the same or different color) around the edge of your deck, that frames in the body of the decking. The PFB gives the deck a finished and classy look.
- Accent colors: Accent colors can be used in the PFB or other areas, for a nice contrast.
- Accent lightning(Stair & Post): Accent lighting can transform your deck in the evening creating ambience, as well as provide lighting for safty.
- Dry Below(DB): DB is an option for second level decks. DB is an under deck drainage system that creates a dry space on the ground level below.