We Love Decks!
A deck is a significant investment for a home. Whether you’re looking to entertain more, add additional space, or increase the value of your property, we can design and construct the perfect outdoor living space for you and your family. From the initial consultation to the finishing touches, we will work with you every step of the way to make sure you get the most from your investment.
The first step is choosing the right material. This starts with an understanding of the different elements that make up your deck. See below for more details!
Products We Carry:
- Dura Life
- Exotic hard woods
Composite Vs Natural
- Maintenance free. NO sanding or staining required.
- Less expensive in the long run.
- No splinters. Barefoot friendly.
- Some people simply prefer the look and feel of natural wood.
- Lower up front cost.
Anatomy of your deck
There are many options, with lots of great products on the market. First thing to consider is, Composite vs Wood. OB recommends Composite products for their superior longevity, and maintenance free upkeep.
As with decking, there are lots of railing choices, from Redwood “builder rail” to the many composite systems. If code requires that your deck has railing, OB recommends heading to a deck showroom to see the full size displays.
- Single/double/triple Picture Frame border(PFB): One of our favorite options is the PFB. This is a border(the same or different color) around the edge of your deck, that frames in the body of the decking. The PFB gives the deck a finished and classy look.
- Accent colors: Accent colors can be used in the PFB or other areas, for a nice contrast.
- Accent lightning(Stair & Post): Accent lighting can transform your deck in the evening creating ambience, as well as provide lighting for safty.
- Dry Below(DB): DB is an option for second level decks. DB is an under deck drainage system that creates a dry space on the ground level below.